Holland's Charlotte Ruiter, Neil VanFaasen, Olivia DeGraaf commit to MIAA schools


Botokdage this time will raise the theme entitled Holland's Charlotte Ruiter, Neil VanFaasen, Olivia DeGraaf commit to MIAA schools. 

Holland High School's Neil VanFaasen has worked hard to become one of the top baseball players in West Michigan.  It wasn't easy with a pandemic wiping out his junior season. But his career isn’t over yet.  VanFaasen committed to play at Alma College next year.  

“I chose Alma because I loved the campus environment and how everyone seemed genuinely interested in setting me up for a successful future,” VanFaasen said. “Alma has a very successful baseball program that has a lot to offer. The coaches were great and they walked me through their whole off-season workout and diet schedule.”  VanFaasen said he plans to study kinesiology or business. But he is looking forward to playing for the Scots.  

“It means a lot to me that I get to continue playing the game that I have played and loved my whole life at a higher level,” he said.  Meanwhile Holland’s Charlotte Ruiter committed to Kalamazoo College for volleyball.  “I have had multiple friends tell me that Kalamazoo seemed like a very Charlotte place. I did some research on it and we set up a visit once we could visit in person. I just fell in love with it when I got there. The size, the programs and I was able to meet with the coach and she showed me the facilities,” Ruiter said. “A couple days after that she offered me a spot on the roster.” 

Ruiter helped Holland to an improved season from her middle hitter position.  “I am very excited about it. I would have never thought I would have been able to play in college. That wasn’t even on my radar. I feel very lucky,” Ruiter said. “I am looking forward to improving my confidence. If you don’t improve that, you can’t improve your other skills.”

Holland’s Olivia DeGraaf committed to Albion College for cross country and track and field.  “I chose Albion because I like how it is a D-III school and I can compete at a level that isn't so intense,” DeGraaf said. “It is a place that really puts their education first and their sport second so I know that I will be supported. To be able to run in college is such an awesome opportunity and I am glad that I could be a part of their team.”   

— Contact Sports Editor Dan D'Addona at Dan.D'Addona@hollandsentinel.com. 

Follow him on Twitter @DanDAddona and Facebook @Holland Sentinel Sports.

That's enough what we can say about Holland's Charlotte Ruiter, Neil VanFaasen, Olivia DeGraaf commit to MIAA schools.

We thank you for visiting.

source: https://www.hollandsentinel.com/story/sports/2021/05/08/hollands-charlotte-ruiter-neil-vanfaasen-olivia-degraaf-commit-miaa-schools/5004814001/

Open Comments